Sunday 1 December 2013

A Festive Makeup Tutorial

So I realise that posting about Christmas on the first of December is a bit eager, but i can't help myself. The excitement is just too much. During the festive period, I love experimenting more with my makeup. It's a great excuse to go crazy with glitter and Christmassy colours:) I thought that posting a Christmas makeup tutorial early on, may be a good idea as it isn't just on the 25th of December people like to dress up. Christmas parties come in abundance, and it is nice to have a go to makeup look. All the products I use in this tutorial are inter-changeable with similar ones.

Start by applying whatever face makeup you use daily and prime your eyelids with either a primer potion or a foundation. I am now using a light gold colour from a Clinique palate to start with an even base.

Now with the same brush, I applied 'Ego' by Mac on the outer-third of my eyelid all the way up to the crease. It is a gorgeous green shade and look great on all eye colours.
 With a fluffy eyeshadow brush, I used a gorgeous deep green pigment by Mac in a wind-screen wiper motion across my crease. This adds depth to the eye and helps give the look a 'smokey' effect. Then apply some of your favourite kohl eyeliner to the upper lashline. Don't worry if it is a rough line as you should smudge it out towards the end of your eye.

Using the same fluffy brush, take a shimmery silver colour (I'm using Bourjois eyeshadow in '25 Argent'), and use it to blend out the harsh line near the crease and also as a highlight for the corner of your eye. Curl your lashes before applying your favourite mascara. Mine of the moment is Max Factors False Lash Effect.

For the lips, I like to use a burgundy Yves Rocher lipstick and buff it into my lips to create a stain. On top of that I apply a Butter London Lipgloss from the Christmas collection called West End Wonderland. This Lipgloss collection is easily my favourite.
The finished look! Thankyou for reading. I hope you all have a lovely time at any festive events you and your makeup go to.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment