Sunday 16 June 2013

Good Morning Lovely

I am not a morning person. I tend to resemble a sloth coming out from a six month hibernation or Gollum emerging from a cave. However I do cherish my mornings, they mark the beginning of a new day. My mornings are usually spent lounging around and putting off actually getting ready. I like to do this lounging around to music. Enter my morning playlist. Equipped with a series of hand picked tunes intended to wake me up and put me in a good mood. Giving that I have to wake up at such an ungodly hour, I like to keep it simple. These tracks all have a similar mellow sound to them. Anything too loud would send me crawling back to that warm, comfy bed of mine. So without further ado, here are the songs featured on my 'Good morning lovely' playlist:

 Fleet Foxes- Mykonos

Photo from here

This song had me hooked upon my first hearing. It's quirky, almost completely unidentifiable lyrics make for easy listening, perfect for mornings. Listen to Fleet Foxes here.


Katie Herzig- Jack and Jill

Photo from here
The unique vocals teamed with minimal instrumentals are what makes this song so utterly morning worthy. I first heard this song on the beauty that is Pretty Little Liars and have listened to it over a hundred times since. Listen to Katie here.

She & Him- Never Wanted Your Love

Photo from here
My love for this song might be mainly due to the fact that I have the biggest girl crush on miss Zooey Deschanel and all the fantastic work she does. But crushes aside, this is a genuinely uplifting song and a great way to start the day. Listen to She & Him here.

Alex Goot- Lightning


Photo from here
 This is easily the most feel good song around for me at the moment. It is guaranteed to put a smile on my face no matter what. Alex Goot's dreamy vocals and sweet lyrics send exited shivers down my spine every time. A MUST HEAR. Listen to Alex Goot here.

Ingrid Michaelson- You and I

Photo from here
Ingrid's delicate voice is just perfect for morning listing. This is possibly one of the sweetest songs I have ever heard. It is just so optimistic and feel good, making me want to sing and dance with joy every time. Listen to Ingrid here.

Radical Face- Welcome Home

Photo from here
I'm starting to find it almost annoying, how often I find myself listening to this musical jem. The clever build up to the chorus excites me still. The only down side to this track is that it's hard to listen to without images of the new Canon camera dancing around your head. But if you can put up with that you'll love it, I promise. Listen to Radical Face here.


Noah and the Whale- Now Is Exactly The Time

Photo from here
If I get to the end of my playlist before I'm running late and embark on my dash out the door, hair a mess, coffee thermos in hand combo, I will end my morning with this. I love Noah and the Whale. They have an effortlessly cool sound to them and seem like genuinely nice, laid back people. Listen to them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment