Thursday 20 June 2013

No hair, don't do that.


Every morning I am faced with a daily battle between my hair and I. Worst of all? She usually wins. Wherever I go anywhere, I see people with normal, sleek, straight, blond, gorgeous hair. Hair I would LOVE to have. But no. Haha, ofcourse not. Instead my hair, when natural, looks like Meredith from Disney Pixar's Brave. Or just a red sheep. Hairstyles for me, always look different than they do on other, normal people. I usually straighten my hair to avoid being stopped by children wanting a picture with 'brave' or '10 year old Hermione'. Anyway, enough moaning. So I thought I'd share my favourite, everyday hairstyles with you lovely lot.

1.                             



This is a surprisingly simple hairstyle to do. It looks complicated and well thought through, which makes it perfect for rushed mornings when you have little time on your hands.
Start by tying your hair up in a high ponytail, leaving a small section from the back of your head, out. This is best achieved if you flip your head upside down first, as it adds more volume. Secure the pony with a bobble the same colour as your hair. Now wrap the piece of loose hair around the hair tie, so that the tie is no longer visible. Secure the hair with a booby pin and voila!
                                                                    
                                                                          ***

2.

I am not even sure if this look needs a description, as it's pretty self-explanatory.
Divide your hair into a middle parting ( if you don't already have one) and simply pin back each side with a bobby pin. Tease the fronts for a slightly more disheveled look.

                                                                           ***

3.


This is probably my most worn hairstyle of the moment. Once learned it is surprisingly easy to do. However, explaining it is hard so to find out how to recreate a 'fishtail braid', watch a tutorial here.

                                                                               ***

4.

This is my go-to hairstyle for mornings when I only have six minutes (every morning). It's almost embarrassing how simple this is. This look is certainly not blog worthy, but nevertheless, here it is.
I suppose this could be done with or without a middle parting, but I usually opt for with. Take both front sections back and secure the with a bobble in the middle, back of your head. Then tease out to make the style more loose. Did I even need to talk you through that? Probably not, how embarrassing.



No comments:

Post a Comment