Monday 19 August 2013

How to Wear Ribbons in your Hair


I have seriously been loving ribbons lately. The type you would tie in your hair, not the kind you would twirl around on the end of a stick. I am not a fairy. They just add a girly, fun twist to any outfit and make me smile every time. Everyone has them lying around the house someone. Mine are courtesy of Glossybox (If you are not aware of this small work of genius, then here is a link to a post I did praising them earlier on this year), so its safe to say I have a pretty steady train of them coming in each month. I have come up with a few pretty hairstyles involving said ribbons over the past months and thought it would be nice to share them with you (I would like to point out that i am wearing no makeup in these photographs, so the ones where you can see my faces look like mug shots. I do apologies).
                               
                                                                    
1.
         























This one is fairly straight forward. Simply pull your hair back into a ponytail and secure it with a regular hair tie. Now wrap the ribbon around the hair tie so it is no longer visible, and tie it in a bow. it helps if you loop the ribbon through the tie first so it stays better. Now finish by spraying the ribbon with hairspray to keep it in place for the day.


2.

























For this one, start by just scraping your hair back into a messy type bun, or really just whatever sort of bun you like. Now tie the ribbon around your head, securing it with a little bow just below your bun. Tease your hair a bit before spraying some more hairspray.


3.


























Again this one is rather simple. Just tie back your front section of hair, following a line from the tops of your ears to the back, center of your head. Secure this with a hair tie and follow the same steps to keep the ribbon in place as you did in the first tutorial. I like to tease the shorter front sections of hair I have out a little bit so the over all look isn't too precise.


4.



























I think this look is probably my favourite. Start by parting your hair either down the center or the side. Now sweep your hair to one side and split it into three even parts. Tie a ribbon to the top of one of the parts and start braiding, making sure the ribbon is visible throughout . Once the braid is done, wrap the leftover ribbon around the bottom of your hair and tie it in a knot. Spray with hairspray, tease, just play around with it a bit :)


xo

4 comments:

  1. These are all so pretty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ribbon woven into a braid, very bohemian :)

    ReplyDelete