Saturday 2 November 2013

Gabrielle Aplin


So, last Friday night was spent standing beside Mara and Shona in a shivering queue outside the Picturehouse venue in Edinburgh. Back in March (when the sun still shone) we had all bought tickets to go and see the lovely Gabrielle Aplin here (after hearing Human and Keep Pushing Me, I was hooked). It's safe to say I was excited. Once inside and de-frosted, we were welcomed with the dreamy vocals of Jack Savoretti, who if you were like me and hadn't heard him before are seriously missing out. Think Paolo Nutini meets Bob Dylan, with the looks of a Dolce and Gabbana model. I know, right?
 ***
 Gabrielle herself was amazing and completely exceeded my expectations. In the age of auto-tune it is rare to find an artist who sounds better live than they do recorded. This was definitely true of her. Angel-voiced singer, no more, that girl can belt out a tune. We were all pleasantly surprised with a great cover of 'Wrecking Ball' which she most definitely did justice. And were lucky enough to meet her afterwards. Down to earth doesn't even cover it. She was so kind and I kind of wanted to ask her if we could be best friends, but decided against it when I saw the size of the security guards...




xo


No comments:

Post a Comment