Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentines Day Makeup Tutorial

So I'm not the biggest fan of Valentines day. To me, it seems like a commercial bid to sell more cards and chocolate. Why does there have to be one designated day to 'share the love'? The chocolate-boom, however, I do agree with. I also love any opportunity for a themed makeup tutorial. Of which this is. Whether it is on a special date with the person of your dreams or spent watching soppy movies and listing off all the hilarious reasons you are single with your bestfriends, your Valentine's day should be spent looking and feeling lovely.


 I won't go into face makeup for this tutorial, as I am not really great in that field and I know many people are particular about how they do it. So once your face is how you like it, start with 'all that glitters' Mac eyeshadow (or an equivalent) all over your lid and up to the outer corner of the eye. This is a really gorgeous peachy, gold colour which I think is perfect for the occasion.

Now with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, I applied both 'chopper' from the Naked 2 pallet and the pretty, amber, central colour in this rimmel quad to the crease of my eye. I also took 'Bootycall' from the Naked 2 pallet and blended it in to the inner corner of the eye, just to lighten up the look a bit.

To soften up the makeup whilst still giving it definition, I applied 'busted' (again from Naked 2 by urban decay) with a small angled, eyeliner brush, to my upper and half way along my lower lash lines. Curl the lashes, and apply a coat of your favourite mascara to top and bottom lashes.

For the lips, I think this pink 'baby lips' balm by Maybelline is perfect. It is light on and creates a natural, flushed look to the lips.

Et voilĂ ! The final look. I hope you liked it. Let me know if makeup tutorials are something you would like to see more of :).

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment