Tuesday 11 March 2014

Double chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter centre

I love to bake. I am not the best at it, but I do enjoy doing it. My baked goods usually excel in the taste realm rather than the appearance one. I can't actually remember where I got the idea for these, so if it was from someone I know then this is me crediting you now. Trust me these are delicious, though maybe not for the savory lover, they are pretty much sweet on sweet on sweet.



Ingredients (makes 12):
  • 50g of cocoa powder (+ 1 tablespoons set aside)
  • 1/2 cup of natural yogurt and milk mixed
  • 80g of self-raising flour
  •  1/4 teaspoon baking powder + baking soda
  • 80g of butter (+ 1 tablespoon set aside)
  • 90g of caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
  • 40g of icing sugar
  • 1/2 cup of double cream
  • 120g of chocolate (dark or milk


 1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Mix the cocoa powder in a bowl with 1/4 cup of boiling water until a paste is formed. Add the yogurt/milk. In a separate bowl, sift the flower with the baking soda, baking powder and add a pinch of salt. In another bowl beat the 80g of butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs and beat before mixing in the dry ingredients and the cocoa mixture. Spoon the mixture into 12 lined muffin cups about two thirds. Let them cook for 15-25 minutes until cupcakes are springy. Let cool

2. Beat the peanut butter with the table spoon of butter until creamy. Sift in the icing sugar. Spoon this mixture into a piping bag if you have one. If you are pipingbag-less like me then take a zip-lock bag and snip off a tiny part of one of the corners. Push the peanut butter filled bag into the cupcake and pipe until the centre is filled. If you are using a zip lock bag, then make a small hole in the middle of the cupcake with a skewer, before filling. Scrape any filling of the top of the cake and repeat until all cakes are filled.

3. In a small saucepan bring the double cream to a simmer. Add the chocolate until melted, and leave the mixture to cool. Once cool, spread the icing onto the top of the cupcakes.

ET voila!


xo

3 comments:

  1. Yum! You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finest quality content you are producing is really impressive. I like your style of presenting the new and fresh ideas to the world. My interest areas are Fashion | Lifestyle | Womens Dresses. Please write something informative about these points to increase my knowledge about this.
    wholesale womens lingeries

    ReplyDelete
  3. The writing style you opt is really impressive and touches the mind and soul. Please produce a few lines about the topics like Womens Tops | Womens Dresses | Womens Loungewear UK. I want the reliable information about them as I want to increase my knowledge about these magical items.
    womens winter cape

    ReplyDelete