Monday 31 March 2014

March favourites '14

To start, I cannot believe it is April. It still feels like February to me. It appears that I have actually never done a 'monthly favourites' post, which is odd as I love reading them. There is so much I want to share here on my blog, but often don't get to because.. well.. it just doesn't happen. Favourites are a great way to show some of the little gems that would otherwise go unknown. I doubt I will post one every month, but now and then you can definitely expect to see my favourties appearing on here.

 

Beauty Favourites

1.  Elegant Touch rapid dry for nails. This is a savior. One of my pet peeves is almost-dry nails that upon contact with anything wrinkle up and ruin, meaning you have to start all over again. This spray prevents that from happening in under a minute. Yay. 2. Soap and Glory the richteous butter. Hmmmm this scent. I have been applying this generously after showering and my skin has never been softer. Seriously worth a try. 3. Lavera eye makeup remover. All natural and completely gentle, perfect for sensitive skin. 4. Maybelline the colossal colume mascara. Despite the name, this mascara is really quite natural looking, which is great for day-to-day wear. 5. Butter London Lipgloss 'Frilly Knickers'. This gorgeous iridescent lip gloss was unfortunately limited edition, but I can highly recommend other Butter London lip glosses. 6. Dr Organic manuka honey face scrub. To say that a skincare product has 'transformed' your skin always seems like an exaggeration. Not here. I think it is the manuka, but this product literally leaves your skin new-looking and beautifully fresh. 7. Urban Decay Naked 2. This lovely was a Christmas gift and has been a regular in my daily makup since. The colour selection is fantastic and definitely a favourite.

Food Favourites

8. These cranberry and orange cookies from the ever trusty Marks and Spencer's are a real treat. Not one to usually trust cookied containing anything other than chocolate, these came as a pleasant surprise. 9. Sultana & Apple porridge (again by Marks and Spencer's. I am not a representative, I swear) is a tasty was to start the day. 10. Bournville cocoa has got to be the richest and most comforting hot chocolate out there. Like a hug in a cup. 11. This Teapigs rooibos is a flavour-full alternative to caffeine induced breakfast brew. Teapigs in general though

Random Favourites

12. My ancient i-pod shows Fall out boy's latest album 'Save rock and roll' which I am shocked to only now be appreciating. *Round of applause please*. 13. I had to include this cute little cat rubber saying 'meow' just because. 14. This month's Vogue came with a Miss Vogue featuring the gorgeous Jourdann Dunn. Her shoot was stunning. 15. I started Rivers of London earlier this month. It has taken me a while to read purely because finding the time isn't easy. At first, I found this book a bit odd, but it is an enjoyable read and very funny. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try something a bit different. 16. Last but definitely not least, Grey's Anatomy which was introduced to me by friends who now resemble gods. This tv series is incredibly addictive and well done. A MUST-watch :)

xo

2 comments:

  1. Staaaahp! I suppose we are god-like for showing you Greys Anatomy, you did live under a rock before it...right?

    ReplyDelete