Friday 19 July 2013

Folly Beach ,SC

 So to continue with the 'don't you wish you were here' American travel posts, here we have my favourite beach in the world. Folly Beach located on the coast of South Carolina, near Charleston. Every building and street looks like the set for a movie, with all the rickety-half-falling-down shacks and charming retro cafe's and shops, it's a wonder it hasn't already been scouted for a movie set. The locals too! Everyone had that permanent beachy look, and as I walked through crowds and crowds of tanned, blonde people, I began to feel rather out of place with my pale white skin and red hair.
                                                                                             ***
Our hotel room had the most beautiful view overlooking the peer and beach Folly is so famous for. And when I wasn't splashing around in the sea (it literally was as warm as bath water) I enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and people watching (I promise you not the creepy kind). On the last night we stayed an outdoor cinema screen was set up on the beach beside the pear. Crowds of people were lounging back on deck chairs whilst watching Sky Fall and listening to the sounds of the beach. It just looked so perfect.
Everyone at Folly looks like they had just been cast in 90210 or Gossip Girl and they were all as friendly as could be. The beach had Lifeguards too, equipped with their ubiquitous red board shorts and bikinis.  I have decided I would love to be a Lifeguard at Folly, the only set back being I can hardly swim to save my own life, let alone someone else's.



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment