Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lupie's Diner

 For anyone visiting the US anytime soon, there is one thing in particular that I would recommend you do. To visit a proper retro diner. The scruffier and more worn the better. They can be about as American as it gets, and if done well the food is actually great. You are always guaranteed a hearty (and highly fattening) meal served by a friendly face. The decor inside is usually really worth the visit too. With things like blow-up chillies, umbrellas and bicycles lining the walls it was certainly random to say the least.
                                                                                             ***
The main attraction of small diners of course being the food. Everything is doubled in the size you had imagined and it all has a homely feel to it. My absolute favourite thing the do over here is to serve ice tea in old marmalade and honey jars, it is just the cutest thing.
I, myself indulged in a veggie burger and slaw and Oh my word was I glad I did. Enough said I think. As you can see food photography is not my strong point by any means.


And here's what I wore:
Shoes- Forever 21 (similar)  Dress- Asos  T-shirt- H&M (old)  Scarf- Bought at market



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment