Saturday 28 September 2013

Karlies Kookies



I feel as though i definitely don't incorporate enough recipes into my blog posting schedule. It's not that I don't ever bake, merely that when I do I am so excited to get them in the oven and then my stomach, that I tend to forget to take pictures. However this time I remembered, which should be celebrated :)
Karlie Kloss has for a while now been my absolute favourite model and top role model. Not only does she have an other-worldy beauty to her and is one of the most in demand models of the past five years, she is still aspiring to go to medical school and has set up her own COOKIE CHARITY. I know. A charity that sells cookies and donates the profits to FEED , she is a genius. And the cookies just happen to taste great and be healthy alternatives to usual ones too. So inspired by Miss Kloss, my lovely friend shona and we set out to bake our own 'healthy' cookies.
What you will need
  • 2 cups of almond flour
  • 1 cup (gluten-free) whole oats
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 slivered almonds
  • 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (preferably more :)
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp xantham gum (alternatively 1 egg)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup agave (alternatively 1/2 cup golden syrup)
First, preheat the oven to 150 (c) and grease or line a baking tray with paper. Lightly toast the almonds in a frying pan and then let them cool. Now mix your dry ingredients (including the chocolate and almonds) together in a bowl, with a wooden spoon before adding the liquid ingredients in and stirring well. 
Once mixed evenly, scoop the dough out onto the tray into individual, little (for want of a better word) blobs. Cook them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.




























Now leave them to cool before inhaling delicately placing them on a pretty plate and sharing them with everyone you know.


xo

1 comment: