Thursday 26 December 2013

Boxing-day blues Hot Chocolate

 

    After having watched the Polar Express for about the 18294027204750376th time, I found myself in the mood for Hot Chocolate. What a welcome mood that is. It just so happened to also be the perfect thing to help me combat the Boxing-day blues, which I don't suffer too badly from. I actually quite enjoy Boxing-day. I love the left-overs, discovering presents you didn't even know you had and, in my case, watching all the Christmas movies you didn't have time for earlier in the month. But I know that Boxing-day is a bit of a let down for many. So I have come to your rescue, bearing a dangerous and very more-ish mug of steaming hot chocolate. Or maybe just the recipe for you to brew up yourself. Enjoy!

What you will need:
Hot Chocolate powder (I like Bournville best)
Spices
Warm milk
Water
A Christmassy mug
Nutella
Mini marshmallows

Add a heaped teaspoon of cocoa powder into your Christmas mug. I am cheating and using a Chai Latte powder that I got at the whole foods market, but any mixed spice will do. Add the same amount of mixed spice.

Fill the mug up, half with hot water, half warm milk.

Stir in as much nutella as the mug will hold, without eating it all yourself.

Add mini marshmallows, chocolate buttons or any other little treats.

Drink away :)


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment